Are you stressed out about the election? I know I am. Here are 10 simple tips for coping with the election and self care that I’m using and wanted to share.
- If you are feeling anxious, sit or lie down and take at least 10 slow deep breaths, in through your nose, and slowly out through your mouth.
- Limit your news intake. Take a break from social media, TV and/or radio news and get active.
- Meditate and concentrate on your breath.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Practice compassion and self-care.
- Keep your body moving and exercise. Drink plenty of water.
- Focus on nature; go for walks and enjoy the beautiful changing fall season with its magnificent colorful trees and clean brisk air.
- Keep a journal/notebook and write down your feelings; write at least three things you are grateful for. Also write what brings you joy.
- Focus on things you can control — and let go of things you can’t.
Please consider forwarding these tips to a friend or someone you love. It might be just what they need. If you enjoy this message, please share. Make this your special self-care time.