What is the Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster™ program?
The program, which consists of Peggy Huddleston’s book, Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster – A Guide to Body-Mind techniques, a CD or mp3 guided visualization, helps patients become an active participant in their own healing process, reduce anxiety before surgery, use less pain medication and heal faster.
What will I learn if I sign up for the workshop?
You will learn mind-body techniques to reduce anxiety, use less pain medication and heal faster included in the five-steps to prepare for surgery:
- Calm preoperative jitters guided by the relaxation CD or mp3. Feeling peaceful strengthens your immune system and crates the biochemistry that enhances healing.
- Visualize your recovery by turning worries into healing imagery.
- Surround yourself with the love of family and friends to feel calmer before surgery.
- Using “Healing Statements,” words spoken during surgery that reduce the use of pain medication by 23-50%.
- Meeting your anesthesiologist at your pre-op meeting to request the use of Healing Statements.
What will I need to take the workshop?
Ideally, you will read the book and use the CD or mp3 one or two weeks before your operation. If you have only one day before surgery, you can still benefit.
Where can I purchase the CD or mp3?
Visit Peggy Huddleston’s website, Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster.
How long is the workshop?
The workshop runs between 1-1.5 hours done on the phone, the Internet or in-person.
How much in advance should I take the workshop?
It is best to take the workshop at least two weeks before your surgery, but you will benefit even one day before surgery.
How are you qualified to facilitate the workshop?
I am a certified life coach, certified clinical hypnotherapist and certified in Peggy Huddleston’s Prepare Surgery, Heal Faster™ Workshop.
Have there been research studies done on this technique?
Please see the Research page.
What other related workshops are offered?
Other workshops based on Prepare for Surgery; Heal Faster five-step program include:
- Reduce Anxiety, Headaches and Migraines™
- Lesson Chronic Pain and Speed Healing™
- Lesson Side Effects of Chemotherapy and Radiation™
Do you offer other prepare for surgery services for patients?
Yes, I offer the following:
- Assistance with surgeon selection.
- Personal coaching and/or hypnotherapy/EFT before or after surgery.